As India has reported bird flu cases in several states, government is on high alert. An advisory has been issued and a control room has been set up in the national capital to monitor the situation and restrain the spread. With the increasing panic among people, Government has also decided to strengthen the surveillance to prevent the spread of misinformation.
There is one question people usually ask whenever there is a bird flu outbreak – is it safe to consume chicken and poultry? WHO says, it is absolutely fine to eat chicken and eggs as long as it is properly cooked. The virus is heat-sensitive and preparing it in normal cooking temperature (70°C) can kill the virus in your food. Also, no cases of bird flu transmission in humans have been reported yet.
Why is it safe to order chicken from Haringhata®?
- Haringhata® is a Govt. of West Bengal undertaking company that has earned its reputation for 100% safe and hygienic poultry products.
- Haringhata meat plant was established in the year 1974 which is complied with ISO-22000:2005, ISO-9001:2015, and FSSAI certification.
- The birds and animals are raised in large climate controlled and ventilated farms, with 24-hour access to fresh food and water.
- The birds are not given any added hormones or steroids.
- The birds are regularly monitored by Licensed Government Veterinarians to ensure their health and welfare.
The source of our bird:
- We source our poultry products from certified & licensed supply partners who have their own network farms and are trained in Animal Welfare. We have never sourced a single bird from the open or wet markets where there is a risk of such cross contaminations.
- All our bird supply partners are subjecting the birds to Antemortem and Post-Mortem inspection by licenced veterinarians & controllers.
- The birds are certified being free from highly pathogenic diseases, and fit for human consumption.
Fresh goodness on your plate:
We take the packaging & delivering methods of our products very seriously.
- Every batch of our chicken and meats is tested, checked & hygienically packed in vacuum packs using German Technology.
- The whole process is done with temperature control between 0-4℃right from the farm to the time the products are delivered to your doorstep.
- The processed chicken and meats are transported to all our dealers in refrigerated vehicles maintaining FSSAI standards and cold chain of (-)18℃.